Tracking the performance of your array is the job of the solar power monitoring system. This component provides information on energy production and energy consumption, as well as any errors. A solar monitoring system is a visual representation of the array’s efficiency. Choose an interface that is easy to read to make the most of your solar panel monitoring system. There are some differences in solar power monitoring equipment.
What Does a Solar Power Monitoring System Do?
- Tracks energy production from solar panels
- Displays energy consumptions levels
- Alerts users to errors in the system
When selecting a solar monitoring system, consider the needs of the person or team responsible for maintaining it. For instance, some systems offer a mobile app for on-the-go oversight. Other systems excel at third-party monitoring and remote assistance.
Differences in Solar Power Monitoring Equipment Capacities
- Option to view production levels by module, system or string
- Cost included in panel installation vs. ongoing fee-based
- Interactive charts vs. static data display
- Bill estimation capacity
- Ability to recognize abnormal patterns of use
- Integrated weather forecasting and usage tips
A solar panel monitoring system can be as simple or complex as necessary. For basic domestic projects, overall production levels and static data display may suffice. For complex commercial projects, machine learning, weather forecasting, and interactive charts might help deliver the best ROI.
For more information please contact us